S.A.B.S

VIMALAMATHA PROVINCE THAMARASSERY

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

convents

Little Flower Convent Karingad(Est 1957)

The first convent of Thamarassery province began on 9 June 1957 in Pulloorampara. It was started with three members namely Sisters Emelda, Kabareena, Fathima. They came from Palai, stopped at the Bishop’s House to get the blessing of Bishop Vallopilly and then proceeded to the remote area of Pulloorampara. The new missionaries dealt with the challenge of living in very limited facilities and conveyance. The Vicar, Fr. Berthalomio CMI all he could to help them settled. The presence of the sisters was very much appreciated by the people. More sisters came and they began to teach in the school

St. Augustine’s Convent Vilakkamthode(1966)

Vilakkamthode is a fertile land about 5 Km away from Thiruvambady, one of the first migration centres. The new missionaries dealt with the challenge of living in very limited facilities and conveyance. The Vicar, Fr. Augustine Keelath all he could to help them settled. The presence of the sisters was very much appreciated by the people. More sisters came and they began to teach in the school. The convent made arrangements for girls to stay at the convent and get an education. Sisters were very active in the parish activities and faith formation of the children. Inspired by the exemplary life of the sisters many girls from the parish has joined the Adoration Congregation..

St. John’s Convent Malappuram

In accordance with the desire of our Bishop, to start a School at Malappuram. They invited the SABS sisters and the superiors decided to accept the invitation, thinking the underdeveloped area would need the service of the sisters. In 2005 three sisters reached the place and they were given a rented house their residence. In June the sisters started a nursery school in the parish building until a separate building was constructed. Sisters worked hard for the all around development of the students and their service was well appreciated by the parents. The Santhom English Medium school was started in 2006.We the members of Santhom English Medium School have always strived towards perfection, creative thinking, and dynamic spirit, which are the prerequisite for a perfect expression. By controlling, channeling and organizing the young minds, we have been able to determine the Academic accomplishment of every single individual. The School strives for the overall growth of the pupils by bringing out the best in them.

Stella Maris Adoration Convent,Perambra